Equity benchmarks Sensex and Nifty continued to trade on a tepid note on Friday, tracking subdued cues from global markets.
Foreign institutional investors remained net buyers in the capital market as they purchased shares worth Rs 2,027.31 crore on a net basis on Thursday, according to provisional exchange data.
US markets were closed on Thursday due to Thanksgiving holiday. However, European stocks witnessed pressure as rising COVID-19 cases across Europe and extension of partial lockdown in Germany until December dented investor sentiment.
At 10:45 hours, the 30-share benchmark index was trading at 44261.2 up by 1.46 points or by 0 % and then NSE Nifty was at 12993.65 up by 6.65 points or by 0.05 %.
Sensex touched intraday high of 44407.28 and intraday low of 44195.95 The NSE Nifty touched intraday high of 13035.3 and intraday low of 12976.6
The top gainers of the BSE Sensex pack were NTPC Ltd. (Rs. 95.80,+1.81%), Bajaj Auto Ltd. (Rs. 3186.00,+1.79%), Asian Paints Ltd. (Rs. 2192.75,+1.70%), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (Rs. 870.45,+1.54%), Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (Rs. 7082.70,+1.28%), among others.
The top losers of the BSE Sensex pack were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (Rs. 193.75,-2.00%), Axis Bank Ltd. (Rs. 607.45,-0.87%), Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (Rs. 2220.15,-0.82%), Reliance Industries Ltd. (Rs. 1938.45,-0.79%), Tata Steel Ltd. (Rs. 564.65,-0.75%), among others.
Among the sector, Auto index was at 20112.86 up by 281.84 points or by 1.42%. Tata Motors Ltd. (Rs. 181.50,+4.46%), Ashok Leyland Ltd. (Rs. 91.10,+2.47%), Balkrishna Industries Ltd. (Rs. 1645.00,+2.40%), MRF Ltd. (Rs. 77685.90,+2.24%), Bajaj Auto Ltd. (Rs. 3186.00,+1.79%),.
Metal index was at 10174.37 down by -41.73 points or by -0.41%. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (Rs. 227.45,-1.02%), Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. (Rs. 247.10,-1.00%), Tata Steel Ltd. (Rs. 564.65,-0.75%), NMDC Ltd. (Rs. 95.85,-0.52%), JSW Steel Ltd. (Rs. 358.35,-0.21%),.
The Market breadth, indicating the overall strength of the market, was weak. On BSE out of total shares traded 2041 , shares advanced were 1337 while 597 shares declined and 107 were unchanged.
© Alankit All rights reserved 2020
Designed, Developed and Content Provided by DION
Attention Investors :
1) KYC is one time exercise while dealing in securities markets – once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (Broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
2) Now investor will subscribe in IPO only through UPI id created from BHIM APP . Just fill the UPI id on form with your DP details and give it to us . No worries for refund as the money remain in investor’s account.
3) Prevent Unauthorised transactions in your account. Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchange on your mobile/email at the end of the day .......... Issued in the interest of investors.
4) Prevent Unauthorized Transactions in your demat account --> Update your mobile number with your Depository Participant. Receive alerts on your registered mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your demat account directly from NSDL/CDSL on the same day………….. issued in the interest of investors.
5) Dear Customers, please note that we also do Pro-Account trading in Commodity Segment.