Equity benchmark Sensex ended 110 points lower after a choppy session on Friday, dragged by losses in index majors Reliance Industries, Infosys and TCS despite a positive trend in global markets.
Today’s market momentum was driven by uncertainty related to efficacy of Covid vaccine and expectation of Q2 GDP data. Although GDP is expected to improve compared to the previous quarter, the recovery in Indian economy is likely to be lower in comparison to its global peers.
PowerGrid was the top laggard in the Sensex pack, shedding over 2 per cent, followed by HCL Tech, ONGC, M&M, Axis Bank, TCS, Reliance Industries and Infosys.
On the other hand, Asian Paints, Titan, Tata Steel, Bajaj Finance and Bajaj Auto were among the gainers.
The 30-share benchmark index ended at 44149.72 down by -110.02 points or by -0.25 % and then NSE Nifty was at 12968.95 down by -18.05 points or by -0.14 %.
Sensex touched intraday high of 44407.28 and intraday low of 43995.41 The NSE Nifty touched intraday high of 13035.3 and intraday low of 12914.3
The top gainers of the BSE Sensex pack were Asian Paints Ltd. (Rs. 2217.35,+2.85%), Titan Company Ltd. (Rs. 1357.85,+2.32%), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (Rs. 876.15,+2.20%), Tata Steel Ltd. (Rs. 577.85,+1.57%), Bajaj Finance Ltd. (Rs. 4903.30,+1.56%), among others.
The top losers of the BSE Sensex pack were Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (Rs. 192.50,-2.63%), HCL Technologies Ltd. (Rs. 822.20,-2.39%), Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (Rs. 78.50,-2.12%), Axis Bank Ltd. (Rs. 602.10,-1.75%), Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (Rs. 2679.15,-1.53%), among others.
Among the sectors, Realty index was at 2061.69 up by 54.89 points or by 2.74%. Indiabulls Real Estate Ltd. (Rs. 64.70,+7.03%), Godrej Industries Ltd. (Rs. 1165.85,+5.32%), Oberoi Realty Ltd. (Rs. 464.35,+3.95%), Phoenix Mills Ltd. (Rs. 678.00,+3.30%), Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd. (Rs. 287.90,+1.70%),.
On the flip side, TECk index was at 9969.28 down by -97.86 points or by -0.97%. HCL Technologies Ltd. (Rs. 822.20,-2.39%), Coforge Ltd. (Rs. 2399.85,-2.12%), Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (Rs. 2679.15,-1.53%), Vodafone Idea Ltd. (Rs. 9.81,-1.41%), Wipro Ltd. (Rs. 350.50,-1.28%),.
The Market breadth, indicating the overall strength of the market, was weak. On BSE out of total shares traded 3262 , shares advanced were 1901 while 1149 shares declined and 212 were unchanged.
© Alankit All rights reserved 2020
Designed, Developed and Content Provided by DION
Attention Investors :
1) KYC is one time exercise while dealing in securities markets – once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (Broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
2) Now investor will subscribe in IPO only through UPI id created from BHIM APP . Just fill the UPI id on form with your DP details and give it to us . No worries for refund as the money remain in investor’s account.
3) Prevent Unauthorised transactions in your account. Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchange on your mobile/email at the end of the day .......... Issued in the interest of investors.
4) Prevent Unauthorized Transactions in your demat account --> Update your mobile number with your Depository Participant. Receive alerts on your registered mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your demat account directly from NSDL/CDSL on the same day………….. issued in the interest of investors.
5) Dear Customers, please note that we also do Pro-Account trading in Commodity Segment.