Indian benchmark indices are expected to start the day on flat note on Tuesday amid mixed global cues. Updates on Covid-19 and the vaccination drive will continue to be the main triggers for the Indian markets today.
India, for the third day in a row, reported a decline in fresh cases, but still logged 355,828 fresh cases, on Monday. With this, the cumulative caseload stands at 20.2 million, Worldometer showed this morning.
Besides, global cues, corporate results, and stock-specific developments will also be keenly tracked by market participants.
On the result front, a total of 20 companies, including Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone, Alembic Pharmaceuticals, Apollo Pipes, DCM Shriram, IIFL Securities, Larsen & Toubro Infotech, and RBL Bank are set to release their quarterly earnings today.
On Monday, the 30-share benchmark index ended at 48718.52 down by -63.84 points or by -0.13 % and then NSE Nifty was at 14634.15 up by 3.05 points or by 0.02 %.
On the global front, the S&P 500 and the Dow indexes ended higher on Monday amid a largely upbeat earnings season, while the Nasdaq came under pressure from declines in some high-flying growth stocks, as the rotation into cyclical and "economy reopening" stocks continued.
The Dow rose 0.7 per cent, while the S&P 500 gained 0.27 per cent. The Nasdaq Composite dropped 0.48 per cent.
Asian stocks were mixed Tuesday. South Korean shares were flat while Australia ASX200 rose a modest 0.2 per cent. Trading will be limited with Japan and China among markets closed for holidays.
Back home, Top traded Volumes on NSE Nifty – State Bank of India 43691860.00, Tata Motors Ltd. 35376618.00, Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. 33975507.00, Tata Steel Ltd. 26484100.00, Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone Ltd. 25953577.00,
On NSE, total number of shares traded was 32.63 Crore and total turnover stood at Rs. 70782.42 Crore.
On NSE Future and Options, total number of contracts traded in index futures was 381435 with a total turnover of Rs. 35253.06 Crore. Along with this total number of contracts traded in stock futures were 826966 with a total turnover of Rs. 62239.64 Crore. Total numbers of contracts for index options were 30454319 with a total turnover of Rs. 2819624.96 Crore. and total numbers of contracts for stock options were 1713828 with a total turnover of Rs. 131675.79 Crore.
The FIIs on 03/05/2021 stood as net buyer in equity and debt. Gross equity purchased stood at Rs. 8511.45 Crore and gross debt purchased stood at Rs. 664.63 Crore, while the gross equity sold stood at Rs. 11662.35 Crore and gross debt sold stood at Rs. 1569.69 Crore. Therefore, the net investment of equity and debt reported were Rs. -3150.90 Crore and Rs. -905.06
© Alankit All rights reserved 2020
Designed, Developed and Content Provided by DION
Attention Investors :
1) KYC is one time exercise while dealing in securities markets – once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (Broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
2) Now investor will subscribe in IPO only through UPI id created from BHIM APP . Just fill the UPI id on form with your DP details and give it to us . No worries for refund as the money remain in investor’s account.
3) Prevent Unauthorised transactions in your account. Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchange on your mobile/email at the end of the day .......... Issued in the interest of investors.
4) Prevent Unauthorized Transactions in your demat account --> Update your mobile number with your Depository Participant. Receive alerts on your registered mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your demat account directly from NSDL/CDSL on the same day………….. issued in the interest of investors.
5) Dear Customers, please note that we also do Pro-Account trading in Commodity Segment.