Indian benchmark indices opened higher on Tuesday but soon trimmed all the gains amid a mixed trend in global equities. Titan, HUL, Reliance Industries, PowerGrid, Sun Pharma and Infosys were among the laggards.
Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) were net sellers in the capital market as they offloaded shares worth Rs 2,289.46 crore on Monday, while domestic institutional investors (DIIs) purchased shares worth Rs 552.92 crore, according to provisional exchange data.
At 9:48 hours, the 30-share benchmark index was trading at 48599.55 down by -118.97 points or by -0.24 % and then NSE Nifty was at 14620.35 down by -13.8 points or by -0.09 %.
Sensex touched intraday high of 48996.53 and intraday low of 48521.85 The NSE Nifty touched intraday high of 14723.4 and intraday low of 14617.65
The top gainers of the BSE Sensex pack were State Bank of India (Rs. 354.85,+1.26%), Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (Rs. 108.95,+1.21%), Axis Bank Ltd. (Rs. 711.00,+1.14%), ICICI Bank Ltd. (Rs. 603.70,+1.12%), Bajaj Finance Ltd. (Rs. 5607.05,+0.97%), among others.
The top losers of the BSE Sensex pack were Reliance Industries Ltd. (Rs. 1934.20,-1.28%), Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (Rs. 2379.85,-1.14%), Titan Company Ltd. (Rs. 1411.20,-0.87%), HDFC Bank Ltd. (Rs. 1401.45,-0.82%), Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (Rs. 2400.70,-0.76%), among others.
Among the sectors, PSU index was at 6832.46 up by 95.87 points or by 1.42%. The New India Assurance Company Ltd. (Rs. 156.10,+6.15%), Steel Authority of India (SAIL) Ltd. (Rs. 134.15,+5.01%), Punjab National Bank (Rs. 36.15,+4.78%), Indian Bank (Rs. 113.25,+4.14%), Union Bank of India (Rs. 35.15,+3.53%),.
FMCG index was at 12620.66 down by -55.4 points or by -0.44%. Avadh Sugar & Energy Ltd. (Rs. 308.00,-8.35%), Uttam Sugar Mills Ltd. (Rs. 146.00,-8.09%), Dalmia Bharat Sugar and Industries Ltd. (Rs. 282.55,-4.96%), Dhampur Sugar Mills Ltd. (Rs. 259.45,-4.49%), Shree Renuka Sugars Ltd. (Rs. 12.77,-4.13%),.
The Market breadth, indicating the overall strength of the market, was weak. On BSE out of total shares traded 2440 , shares advanced were 1570 while 759 shares declined and 111 were unchanged.
© Alankit All rights reserved 2020
Designed, Developed and Content Provided by DION
Attention Investors :
1) KYC is one time exercise while dealing in securities markets – once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (Broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
2) Now investor will subscribe in IPO only through UPI id created from BHIM APP . Just fill the UPI id on form with your DP details and give it to us . No worries for refund as the money remain in investor’s account.
3) Prevent Unauthorised transactions in your account. Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchange on your mobile/email at the end of the day .......... Issued in the interest of investors.
4) Prevent Unauthorized Transactions in your demat account --> Update your mobile number with your Depository Participant. Receive alerts on your registered mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your demat account directly from NSDL/CDSL on the same day………….. issued in the interest of investors.
5) Dear Customers, please note that we also do Pro-Account trading in Commodity Segment.